Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Monday, March 20, 2006

A Late Post

I meant to post this a few days ago but I never got around to it.

I had a day off for the first time in awhile. Not really a day off due to the fact that I was going on to night shifts the next night, but all in all it was a day to catch up on sleep and everything that never gets done when I work. I decided to start the day with a run, have a nice big breakfast and do my laundry before I went grocery shopping.

“Maybe,” I thought “I’ll put a load in and then make breakfast and be super efficient!” I was running, something I hadn’t done in the last few months. I slowed down as I neared my street. A man in his pajamas and holding a toothbrush appeared before me.

“Wow, there she goes!” he exclaimed. I looked across to what he was referring to. It turns out the laundry matt across the street from my house had started and fire and now large flames were visible even to a girl not wearing her glasses. “It just came over the police scanner.” I stopped for a moment and we both watched the woman who owns the building stand outside helpless waiting for the fire truck to come.

Moral of the story: never let yourself get down to your last pair of underwear before doing laundry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home