Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Who Will Help the Homeless?

I sat in the Davis Square T stop waiting for the T on Saturday morning sipping my coffee and trying to make myself feel a bit more awake before I got to work. A train pulled in going to opposite way, a man got off an started walking towards me.

“Excuse me miss?” I looked up, he was holding a copy of Spare Change “I sell a copies a News Paper that helps the homeless, could you spare some money?”

“No.” I said as my mind wondered to my wallet that was filled with money I had just got at the ATM, as my mind tends to do every time I get asked for money. I looked down feeling a bit ashamed. He moved on to the man next to me.

“Excuse me sir but I sell a New Paper to help the homeless, could you spare some change?”

The man looked him in the eye, “I’m homeless,” he replied. Adding on “Can I bum a cigarette?”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home