Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Cats

I’ve always considered myself a dog person, mostly because I’m allergic to cats, but also because they have always seemed more friendly then cats. I always felt that cats were too aloof and standoffish. I like being greeted by my pets when I come home from work. Lately though, the cats I’ve met have started to change me.

It started with Sassy, Paul and Beth’s cat. She always comes up to me and brushes up against my leg. She purrs as I pet her. I cat-sat for her last week and when I would come in she would get so excited she would start to drool. Lionel (as seen in other posts) is Steve’s sister’s cat and he was just too adorable for me to put down. “Aww” I would coo, “look at how he likes to sit in my lap and play with my hair!” We have other cats that wonder our neighborhood that always come up to my doorstep and watch me as I fumble with the keys and offer a “meow” as help.

Tonight I told Steve I wish I could get a cat. He looked at me like I was crazy. “Your allergic to cats, remember how your hand got all red and swollen when Lionel scratched you?”
Even still I wish I could have a kitty. I would even risk swollen throats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home