Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Night

I woke up on Tuesday in the afternoon and thought “I’m not going to see the sun for a week” and for the most part I haven’t. I’ve been working the night shift this week and have had a pretty difficult time adjusting to being vitamin D deficient.

I usually don’t have a problem switching between working days and nights but I’ve felt overly sleepy at work and have had problems staying asleep during the day. I wake up during the day after only sleeping a few hours and lay in bed staring into the darkness that I have created in my room to emulate night.

It’s not like I don’t like working nights. It’s a great shift, everyone is asleep things are not too busy. It’s just hard not to see the sun for days on end.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I suggest that you start taking some Vitamin D tablets. I wouldn't like to work overnights, but my guess is that there is a great chance that I will have to in my future nursing career. Good luck sleeping...sooner than later you will have to crash and get some sleep.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home