Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

The Man with the Accordion

T stops are a place where most of Boston goes to be transported from one place to another. For some though, it is a place to make money and show off their talents. They become regulars in the T stop, the guy who sings French songs, the woman who sings the same Joni Mitchell song over and over again, the guy who can barely produce enough air to play half a song on the recorder, and my new favorite, the man with the accordion.

He has been in the Porter Square stops a few times playing a jolly song in front of the large escalators. Lately he has been playing in Davis when I am going to work. He’s there with his accordion playing Christmas songs and he is great. I usually sit behind him and watch his arms disappear and reappear behind the sign he sits by as he plays “Jingle Bells” or “Deck the Halls.”

He’s the only performer who I turn off my ipod for. I usually smile at him as I put a dollar into his open accordion case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home