Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I Love Christmas


I have always loved Christmas. I love hearing people ringing bells outside of stores, I love watching Christmas specials on TV, and most of all I love decorating my house.

My parent’s house around Christmas time became full with garlands, pictures of Santa, random Dutch-Christmas artifacts, and of course a large Christmas tree. The tree would be so filled with ornaments that “had” to be there that there was hardly a single branch that did not have some sort of decoration on it. These decorations say stuff like “baby’s first Christmas 1983” or are a certain ornament that my sister and I use to play with all the time when we were kids.

This year I am only going to be home for 5 days around Christmas and our family has had to adapt. My family has decorated with out me and will buy the tree with out me. It’s ok that they do this, life goes on. So with the help of my roommate Adrianne I have decked the halls of our apartment (see right). We are enjoying our own Christmas by having friends over and stuffing presents for our boyfriends under the tree. I have quiet the festive apartment and we still have more decorations to put up.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The apt looks beautiful! I too wish i were home to help decorate and what not, but it is hard with FINALS!!! Oh well, sigh! I hope I get to see you over the 5 days that you are here. I will keep you posted of my work schedule. Take care and have a safe flight back to MN. ***Rita***

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home