Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The Glory of an ipod

As a gift to myself I recently bought an ipod. I was going to wait and ask for one for Christmas, but realized I would not be willing to ask anyone to spend that much money on me. So I bought one myself and it is great.

When I had a car I loved driving and listening to the radio. Driving to Madison and back to Minneapolis wasn’t so bad as long as I had something to listen to weather it be public radio or top 20 hits. Now I have no car and all my commutes involve me walking at least five blocks to the T. Adding music to my journey has made it much more enjoyable.

As soon as my ipod was up and running I quickly downloaded every CD I own and any books on CD I had. Soon sitting on the T on the way to work became more enjoyable. Now I could close my eyes and picture myself at home listening to David Sedaris talk about his family. The crazy guy down the street was now singing along with Bob Dylan instead of yelling at me.

The music is back in my life.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I too am in love with my ipod. Aren't they great?!? I would have to agree with you on this one, Maria. Thanks for the xmas card...that was very thoughtful of you. Take care. ***Rita***

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home