Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

These Boots Are Made For Walking?

As female in twenty-first century I, like most girls, own a lot of shoes. Strapy sandals, funky platforms, heels all were stored in my closet; until I moved to Boston and moved into a house with small closets. My shoes lived in two boxes that they had been packed in when I left Rochester for the last three months.

Last weekend I went through my closet to find stuff that needed to go to the Goodwill. I didn’t stop at my closet. I started to naturally select out some of my shoes based on my ability to walk long distances in them.

Now that I live in a town where to get anywhere I have to walk 10 min. to get anywhere I’ve taken to wearing sneakers and clog everywhere. I tried to wear my pointy shoes to a bar that was only four blocks away but I barley made it out the door before I made Adrianne wait for me to change shoes.

Now my shoes fit into the closet. The rest have moved on to shoe heaven.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    this is a very interesting take on shoe ownership. I too own many pairs of shoes and I often find myself asking why do I own so many pairs of shoes. ***Rita***

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home