Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Monday, December 22, 2008

Surprise!

The ground work had been placed over a month ago when I noticed that I was scheduled to work an extra day the week after Thanksgiving. When I brought the subject up to the woman who did our time plan she told me that the floor was really short the week after Thanksgiving, so ,maybe should could just take me off another week, maybe the one before Christmas? I jumped at the chance. I was suppose to fly in to Minneapolis on my mom's birthday, but now due to the change in my work schedule I could come in the day before.

I called my dad, and after explaining the plan of a surprise for my mom, we came up with the idea for me to fly in. I would have a friend pick me up at the airport, and for my Dad to take my mom out to dinner on Thursday for her birthday. I would meet them at the restaurant and surprise her.

It was hard not to tell my mom I was coming home a day early. I almost let it slip out a few times, but by the time I was taking off from Boston there was nary a leak in our plan.

I sat huddled in a booth at restaurant by my house waiting for my parents. I knew they wouldn't be long because my dad had called me on his way home from work when he was only a block from my house.

I heard them come into the restaurant and my dad walked around the corner and said "This looks like a good place to sit." My mom took one look at me and almost fell over in surprise. She started to cry and we hugged. It was a good surprise and good birthday present. The best part is that the next day there was a huge snow storm that hit Boston so instead of sitting in Logan for a delayed flight I was able to take my mom out for a birthday lunch and go shopping with her.

Happy B-day Mom.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    And a wonderful surprise it was!

    Mom

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home