Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Reality Check

About 5 minutes after engaged Steve and I began to feel like we needed to have more solid plans about this whole engagement thing. “We have the first weekend of next month open if you want…” my dad joked. We all laughed and not soon later in my marathon of calling everyone I know did I start to get asked, “When are you getting married, and where?”

Wow, two very good questions. Now almost 2 weeks after I got a great new accessory and a life changing proposal, reality of a wedding has set in. Not just any wedding, MY wedding. It’s still an odd concept to wrap my mind around. I didn’t sleep the day after we got engaged because all I could think about was wedding ideas. What color should bridesmaids wear? What song do I want to walk down the aisle to? Who are the bridesmaids? Most importantly, how much will all this cost.

We settled on Minnesota for a location, and went from there. We thought that it might be a bit cheaper to have a wedding in Minnesota versus Boston. Apparently though, the average cost of a wedding in Minneapolis is $32,000. It’s a number that is almost too much to wrap my mind around. “We can find a way to cut some cost” we thought but after some number crunching we realized we had woefully under budgeted ourselves.

Thanks to some great friends, and soon-to-be family, I have some great planners and good ideas. I’m sure we’ll have a great wedding, I’m just a bit overwhelmed right now.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Don't believe that $32,000 figure. That's not your style, or ours. We have wonderful friends who are so excited about helping!

    Mom

     
  • At 11:18 PM , Blogger Adrianne Mathiowetz said...

    Potluuuuuuck!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home