Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Necessity

When we got a membership at Bally’s I figured working out would be a thing that I did occasionally. Maybe when I had some free time or a day that I wasn’t doing anything I could kill some time by going to the gym, or maybe I could meet some new Bostonians. I did not expect it to become such a vital part of my life.

When I started working out I had such bad back pain that I would some times have to call out sick to work because I could barley walk. Now, after having worked out at least 3 times a week for the last 9 months my body is less prone to crippling back pain and the other ills that come with a sedentary life style.

So last week while I was on vacation I thought I could get by without working out. I was wrong. By the time Steve and I made it back from Ohio my body was falling apart. My back was killing me, my hips popped when I walked, and my knees ached with every step. I toughed it out a few days while I worked but my first day off I ran to the gym.

After twenty minutes on the elliptical my hips were back in line and my knees were no longer aching. Once I was done warming up I hit the weights where there was all sorts of popping and cracking and by the end I felt better.

I guess working out is more a part of my life then I wanted to admit and I’m ok with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home