Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Blog!

My blog turns three today.

Happy birthday blog.

Sometimes I’m a bit amazed that I even have a blog. When I was a kid we had “creative writing” time in school and I hated it. I never felt like I was creative and most of my stories were plagiarized from TV shows I had seen. I was glad when I started junior high and could stop writing “creative” stories (that was the only good thing about junior high).

As time went by I had to write more form college I started to sort of miss writing any thing other then care plans. When I moved to Boston I thought that I would start to write a blog to keep up with my friends from home. I was a bit worried about my writing due to the “creative writing” history so I asked Adrianne. She gave me some great advice: “The way you become a better writer is just to write.”

So, in the last three years have I become a better writer? Not sure, but at least it’s been fun.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Happy Birthday blog!

    I think you have become a better writer! I'm really glad you share part of Boston life with me. It makes me feel that you are not so far away.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home