Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Just When I Was Ready to Fly

I was sitting in a class at work on Friday morning when some of the people started to talk about the terrorist plot that was unfolding to blow up airplanes over the ocean. “Man, that is messed up” was about all the thought I put into it until later in the day when it hit me. In less then twenty four hours after the massive arrests were made in England involving airborne suicide bomber I would be boarding an aircraft to go to Ohio to visit Steve’s family with him.

It’s a surreal experience to sit in an airport at six in the morning watching CNN experts discuss how easy airplanes are for terrorists to use and how the world will probably continue to see terrorist plots involving aircrafts. I started to question how badly I wanted to go to Ohio. By that time it was too late, my bags were checked and I had already undergone multiple security sweeps. So I boarded the plane and I am now happy to say that the airlines are exactly the same as before; delayed flights and snippy gait agents. The only difference now is that a few more people get to look inside my purse before I get on a plane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home