Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

The Engagement

Steve and I had just visited my family when, a week later, we took a trip to Ohio to visit his family. The proximity of the two trips made people suspicious of us. Apparently multiple people had ideas that we had a big announcement to make. It never occurred to us that people would be thinking anything about our trips much less that we were making the trips to announce our engagement. A few of my friends and multiple members of Steve’s family will have to continue to be disappointed in our lack of eternal commitment to each other.

I never before have been asked if I was getting engaged. I always wondered when that question would start coming up. I guess it’s when you and you S.O. hit the one year mark.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home