Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

One More Drink

Friday was a terrible day at work. It was busy, very busy, I was still at work at 8:15 not doing paper work but actually work. I was supposed to be done at 7, and I wasn’t the only one staying late. It was a unanimous decision that everyone needed to go out for a drink. Why not? I’ll just go out for a few; one of the girls that lives by me agreed that she would go out for a few then we would both go home. Good plan.

We went to the bar across the street from the hospital, most of us wearing our scrubs (something I never do and don’t really approve of). “Woa, it’s like Grey’s Anatomy in here!” a bar fly said as we walked it. I immediately ordered a beer that quickly turned into two beers. Two beers on an empty stomach is rough. So I ordered food, then two more beers. Before I knew it, it was midnight I was drunk and taking the T home by my self.

So I did what anyone who was drunk and in a big city would do. Drunk dial their mom.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Are you asleep? Are you drunk?
    Relax.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home