Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Don’t Leave

I have to admit, I have abandonment issues. When I was a kid I would be terrified that my parents would take me shopping and leave me there. I use to hold tightly to their hand where ever we were just so that there wouldn’t be a chance for them to leave me. Daytons, Cubfood, the park, anywhere really I would always want them in eye site or know how to find them. I still get nervous of going somewhere and having my ride leave me. This fear of being left behind crosses over to dating too.

I told Steve I always have a fear that he will disappear. That one day I will call him and he will never call me back. He never will come by to get his clothes here, he would just be gone. He looked me in the eyes and told me my fear of him disappearing like that is just as rational as my fear of zombies.

It’s nice to have the reassurance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home