Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Platonic Friends


After spending two years being good friends with a guy I forgot how hard it is to meet guys and try to be their friend. I like having guy friends. For most of high school my best friends were guys. When I moved to Rochester I met Aaron (see right) and we became good platonic friends about a week after. I met a guy in orientation at the hospital. Sweet, I thought, a new friend! I called him tonight to see if he wanted to get a drink or hang out.

“Uhhhh, I have a girlfriend-type-thing and I don’t think she would want me to hang out with you. I’m not sure if that’s what you mean by hang out, but maybe I’ll see you around the hospital.”
“Yeah, see you around.”
Crap. I’m not sure how I am suppose to find a guy friend and let him know I don’t want to date him, just be his friend. If all else fails I can follow Aaron’s lead and fart on him. Best way to kill romance.

I also wanted to post the picture because it is one of my favorite! Thanks Becca

1 Comments:

  • At 10:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I guess now I look at this picture it's not so platonic looking.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home