Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Monday, August 01, 2005

The Locals

One of the more colorful aspects of living in a big city is dealing with crazy homeless people everyday. We have a resident crazy man who lives near my house. His name is Mike, but we call him “the peace man” because as you walk by he will usually give you the peace sign as you walk by and yell “PEACE!” Sometimes if he’s worked up and has smoked a lot of cigarettes he will yell and spit. Today as I was walking home I noticed a new crazy man had taken up Mike’s usual park bench. This new crazy man was wearing a hospital band on his arm and had three zip ties around his neck and two around his arms. The most colorful of them all has been the homeless guy I met on the train who told me he liked my hair and then tried to touch it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home