Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Living in TVland

“Uggh, it is so hot today.” Michael exclaimed when I got home from work, and you know what? He’s right.
When I pictured my life in Massachusetts I always saw myself wearing cozy sweaters and sipping hot chocolate. The reality is that it’s been in the 90’s the last few days and walking home from the T has been a fight against passing out from heat stroke. The only thing I’ve sipping is ice water. Where are the opportunities for me to look adorable in a fall coat and a scarf? People on TV shows based in New England are always wearing jeans and trendy sweaters and look so comfortable. That’s what I want my life to be like right now. The type of weather conditions where coats are optional but recommended.

I’m desperately awaiting autumn in New England.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    don't worry maria, you'll get your chance soon enough. I was under the impression that nothing could be worse than MN winters. but boston winters really give them a run for their money.

    enjoy the sun while it lasts!

     
  • At 11:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It cooled down on sunday. I can now walk to work with out feeling like I might pass out.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home