Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Highlight Of The Day




Yesterday I met John Kerry. (Photo not from when I met him)


My mom’s friends had agreed to drive us down to Boston Commons and Boston Public Garden so we could do some site seeing. My mom’s friend Cindy is quite the tour guide for the Boston area. She knows a lot about history and also about where famous people live. She is her own Starmap. As we drove down a street she pointed out “Oh, this is where John Kerry and Ted Kennedy live. We decided to drive up the small turn around to see the large houses. We didn’t understand why so many people were standing in the middle of the rode until we drove up. It was because John Kerry was outside, having just completed a bike race, and unpacking his car.

We parked and came running up. “uhhh, hello Mr. Kerry it’s an honor meeting you.” I managed to stammer out. My mom started to get teary eyed and shook his hand “I’m so sorry you didn’t win, things would be much better if you did.” She gushed. He agreed. We took a quick picture with him and then jumped back into the car and called everyone who we knew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home