Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Life Sick

For the last few weeks I’ve been vaguely homesick. Not for any specific person or place, but this feeling of missing out. Last night it dawned on me what it is I’m missing. I miss going out to the bars every night with my little group of friends. I miss having barbeques in back yards. I miss going out to the townie bars where most people were familiar faces.

I don’t miss Rochester or St. Louis Park per se. I guess I miss my old life, the life of a college student. A life where classes and reading could be blown off and made up at the last second, where you would only need to know something for a test and that was it. Going out most nights/drinking to the point of giddiness was the norm. If I kept up living like that society would now brand me an alcoholic

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home