Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Both Sides

I worked my first night at my new job last night. It was weird; my commutes were the opposite of what they usually are and what the rest of the world is doing. When I went to work last night it was at the height of rush hour, but I was going the opposite way of most people. Coming home it was the same. I feel like I’m on the other side of days right now. When I got home my roommate was in the shower getting ready for work. “You made it through the night!” exclaimed her boyfriend. “I did indeed.” I shouted back. I passed out on the couch then a bit later moved into my room for blissful sleep to overtake me. It was weird to wake up and eat breakfast while watching Passions.

It was a new experience, but I really like working nights. It’s very peaceful. Most of the patients are asleep but awaken occasionally and need help getting to the bathroom. It gives me time to learn a lot more about my job and not feel so stressed. I’m looking foreword to this shift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home