Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The Day I fell in Love with a Police Man

While I was walking to work this morning I noticed an elderly gentleman on crutches trying his best to cross the street. The speed of the changing lights was against him but he kept trying to get to the other side. Cars were honking and all in all his attempts to make it across the street were failing. That’s when the rugged police man stepped in. He stopped traffic so the old man could cross the street. He then walked with man to the next crossing.

“Thank you,” the elderly man offered, “they don’t always stop.”

“They will for me” answered the police man.

I am now resolved to admire this particular police man everyday on my way to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home