Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Samples!

Everyone loves free samples at the grocery store. Without paying for a large container you can sample the chips you wondered if were crisp, or the cheese that looked waxy but you think it might just be awesome. I remember when I was a kid Sunday was sample day at Byeler's (the fancy grocery store by my house). This was before Whole Foods had opened and you could get samples every day. As you strolled though the store you would enjoy crackers, cheese, ham, pizza, and fresh cut melon. It was great.

Today I stopped at the grocery store after I working out to pick up somethings for dinner. I was browsing the cheese isle when a man asked me if I wanted a sample. I assumed since we were in the cheese area it would be cheese but instead it was beer. I was handled a beer sample and was told it went well with cheese. There were some small chunks of cheese cut up for sampling as well. I enjoyed both but wanted to inform him that most people know beer and cheese go together well.

All in all I would say it was a good sample day.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home