Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sleep

Ok, no post yesterday but I did work on my template so I count that as blog related work. Also, I know this is post has the same name as B's last post but B and I both suffer from absent-husband-insomnia. At least I use to. Since moving to Chicago I have not had any problem falling asleep. At first I thought it was related to the fact that I have been drinking a bit more since alcohol can be purchased in the grocery store but the last few nights I haven't had anything to drink and have fallen asleep with in five minutes of laying down. Steve's been gone almost an entire week and I still am able to fall asleep quite easily. Why the sudden change?

I think it has to do with the layout of our new house. Our house in Boston had the front door located in our bedroom. It sounds strange but we got use to it. We also had bay windows in our bedroom that were on the front deck. If the windows were open you were hear every person enter or exit the house. I would often have a dream while Steve was gone of a tall ghostly figure trying to break in the room. In the dream I would hear the outside door open and the lock to our house being picked. The door in our bedroom would slowly open and I would see this large dark figure standing over me. I wake up with a scream chocked in my throat and Moose staring at me wondering why I was making weird noises.

That is not the case in this house. Our bedroom is tucked in the back of the house and I blissfully sleep the whole night through.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:31 PM , Blogger Adele said...

    Maybe the sudden change is ALSO because you are also tired...new job keeps adrenaline pumping until you get home and can relax.
    Also...no crazy four-footed prowlers to disturb your sensitivities.
    Blissful sleep sounds pretty good!

     
  • At 8:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Glad to see you blogging again! I knew if I kept checking eventually there would be something new. Always interested to see what's going on with you, and how it is told through your own entertaining style. Love, Uncle G.

     
  • At 9:50 PM , Blogger jjhansen2 said...

    if i had that dream, i would never ever sleep. ever. i am so glad that you don't have that dream anymore.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home