Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Friday, August 27, 2010

Crazy Cat Lady


This weekend I will be cat sitting for my friend H while she and her sister are out of town. I went to their house last night to get the keys and also to learn the responsibilities of cat sitting their two cats. Half way through the intense training I was being given I realized how everyone has different quirks for their cats.

For example, Moose is a pretty independent cat. Some of the people who cat sit him never even see him so that is why when Steve and I went on our honeymoon we had a friend actually stay at our house over night a few nights to make sure that he was ok. When we were moving to Chicago one of the maine qualifications for us was that it was easy for Moose get in and out of the house. To the first realtor we talked to this seemed like a large request.

"Hmmm, you want grass and a way outside for you cat!" he exclaimed after we had turned down multiple nice apartments because they were located on the top floor of an apartment building on a busy street. He followed up with "Look, I know you think your cat is your baby, but he's not. He's just a cat. He will adapt." We had become crazy cat people to him. No amount of clarification on our search criteria would clear that from his mind.

The next realtor we went to we were a bit more cautious with the cat expectation.

"It would be nice if we could have easy access to the outside, for both us and the cat" we eased in.

"Oh, I totally understand. When I got my condo one of the maine selling points for me was the large windows for my cat."

We were immediately at ease with this man because he was a cat crazy person like us. Which is why we ended up renting a house from his agency and not the first's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home