Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Friday, July 17, 2009

Thinking in Blog

I'm not sure when it happened. Maybe it was when I joined facebook or maybe it was before that. I stopped thinking in blog posts. Thinking in blog posts was something I would do all the time. Something would happen, a strange encounter on the T or a sudden rush of emotion, and I would start to narrate it so that I could easily translate it to internet screen and make it a blog post. Posting was something that seemed simple. With all the crazy things I encounter why would I not want to share them with the five people who read this? It was my duty to inform you that I saw a squirrel eating a snickers bar because if I didn't how would you ever know that it happened? Sometimes I felt like there was so many things to share I couldn't post enough!

Then one day I sat down to post and I had nothing. I ran down the events of the day and I couldn't think of anything memorable. Then it happened again and again. Looking back I haven't had more then a handful of posts in the last three months.

Then today for no particular reason blog-thought clicked back on. I was walking home from the dentist pissed off about the fact that I still have an unresolved root canal that was possibly infected. My shoes that I bought specialty to walk around in in Italy were giving me a blister and to turn my foot red when I realized I was blog-thinking. So maybe this means there will be a few more posts on this site. No promises but check back regularly.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home