Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Meet the Neighbors

This is going to be another cat post. I'm putting the disclaimer up so if you are tired of hearing cat stories then don't read anymore.

For most of Moose's life he has enjoyed the luxury of a cat door. A small door that sits in one of our windows so that Moose can dictate when he comes in and goes out. The cat door was great! Except for our last year in Somerville when various unwanted guests used the cat door make their way into our house and help themselves to Moose's food. Other cats, a raccoon, and a possum to exact. When we moved to Chicago we were resolved not to put the cat door in such an easy access location for all these creatures that want in. Steve and I had a great debate over it and in the end we still had no answer and Steve (the installer of cat doors) left for two weeks for work. So moose and I have made due without the cat door.

Saturday morning I got up and let Moose out so he could enjoy so morning sunshine. I was in the kitchen when I heard an odd sounding meow. I went to check on Moose and found the his meow had sounded so odd because he had a mouse in his mouth. As I opened the door to try to prevent the ingestion of the mouse Moose started to play with it. Batting it around, throwing it up into the air and pouncing on it. I realized I didn't have anything to remove said mouse so I just stood their watching Moose enjoy a snack. I looked over and noticed our neighbor, who must have been out for a morning cigaret, was using his phone to record Moose playing with/eating the mouse. I stared at him for a few moments before he looked up at me and asked me if I minded if he taped Moose. I said I guess not and went back inside to try to find a shovel to dispose of what would remain of the mouse. When I came back Moose was gone, the neighbor was gone, but a mouse head remained. I buried it in the front yard and went in and searched youtube for video of Moose eating a mouse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home