Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Ahhhh

We’re back from Puerto Rico. Vacation was all I wanted it to be: relaxing, fun, sunny, peaceful and time with Steve. I did, unfortunately, suffer sunburn on my neck the first day but everyone at the resort had some sort of sunburn so you never felt too out of place with a bright red bloch on you body.

One odd thing about the resort we stayed at is that they have live iguanas running around. You would be sitting around the pool deck enjoying your margarita and you would look down and an iguana would be sitting right next to your deck chair. Every once and awhile one would jump into the pool and swim around then climb out. I felt that this was a bit odd and creepy but Steve loved it.

But, like all vacations, it had to come to end. We were ready to come home to our house and our cat. To remember our trip and our relaxing few days here are some pictures:


Iguana in the pool



Sometimes I pretend to be a Japanese tourist


The sunset sail we took


My Birthday cake!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sunset sail, lovely...birthday cake, delicious... American version of Japanese tourist, slanderous against my students... iguana, absolutely icky!

     
  • At 4:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    at least iguanas don't bite

    loved talking to you on your b-day and love my valentine card!!

    j

     
  • At 10:59 AM , Blogger Adrianne Mathiowetz said...

    Hah! The iguanas sound adorable. Although in practice, I'd probably be creeped out, too.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home