Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

A Nice Evening

Last night I stepped out with my Boston-best-friend (that BBFF for those of you wondering) for a very nice evening. We started it out at the Jazz club by my house where I had some yummy vegetarian chili and sweet-potato fries with New England beer. After dinner we headed across the street to go see Juno (awesome movie that I highly recommend) but seeing as I got the time wrong we got to the theater almost an hour early. So once we got our tickets we headed back across the street to an ice cream store that was surprisingly full for the middle of winter. Following the ice cream we went back to the Somerville theatre ordered a couple of beers and made our way up a steep staircase to the balcony of the theatre. Yes my friends, we sat in the balcony of a old-school theatre where there is a grungy red velvet curtain and art deco design on the walls and ceiling and watch a hip indie movie while sipping tasty beer. We felt cool.

After the movie we met Steve out at a pub where we drank into the wee hours of the morning and talked to crazy English men. The Irish band at the pub even played my favorite waltz to close the evening out. All together it was a great evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home