Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The Straight and Short of it

Since I hadn’t had a hair cut in a few months I decided it was time to invest in a new look for a New Year. I had ideas of a curly bob cut but apparently my stylist felt different. She, like most people, wanted to straighten my hair and by extension teach me to straighten my hair. After adding some nice layers she broke out the blow dryer and the straight iron and this is the result.


View one



View two

I have gotten two different reactions. The first from my friend Kelly which was “You soooo need to keep your hair this way. You look awesome!” which was nice but seeing that it took the woman twenty minuets for blow drying before the straightener was used I didn’t see it happen much. Steve’s reaction was “uhh, you aren’t going to do this to your hair all the time are you? Because I love you curly hair.”

As of right now I have made one attempt to straighten my hair since the stylist did it and all I got was wavy hair and a stiff arm. So if you see me anytime soon rest assure you most likely will see classic curly me.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The new look looks okay. The old look was so standout...remember you said someone in Boston once asked if your hair was real?
    All my life I"ve wanted straight hair. We always want what we don't have with hair...except of course...we don't want to be bald!

     
  • At 3:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    you kinda look like young maria...like pre-high school maria. But if i hadn't been there for that, i might not recognize you

    jen

     
  • At 3:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Heh, you always said you looked like a drag queen with straightened hair. THAT's definitely not true: this looks nice!

    But I agree with the awesomeness of the curly ringlets. 99.9% of women would kill to have your natural look, and 100% of women would kill to have a natural look that 99.9% of women would kill for. Now say that 3 times fast.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home