Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Friday, December 21, 2007

Postman=Santa

Last week I packaged up all my Christmas presents into a big white box and walked up to the post office in Davis square to send them on their merry way to my mom and dad’s house. I have done this every year since I moved to Boston and never had a problem. Sure, send it by ground transport, Christmas is a week and a half away. It will get there in time.

Little did I know that a few crazy storms were about to rock the East coast sending everyone into panic mode. Roads were closed down, government buildings were closed, and most importantly, mail did not go through. So now I am in Minnesota, over a week since I sent out my Christmas presents and they still haven’t gotten here. My family’s gifts to each other sit nicely wrapped under the tree and I have nothing. We have two more post office days until Christmas and I am hoping for a Christmas miracle of giving to get my gifts here on time.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It's 2:00 PM on Dec. 28th, and the package has finally arrived. After ringing our bell to let me know there was something at the front door, our jolly mailman wished me, "Happy New Year!" as he walked down our snow-covered sidewalk.
    Peace to all who have travelled along with this package!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home