Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Cat is Out Of the Bag

“Thank God we have Moose or we would have run out of stuff to talk about a long time ago.” Steve made that comment one night over dinner after we had sat there discussing how adorable the cat looked rolled up on his rug for the last fifteen minutes. At first I thought it was kind of sad but then I realized it was utterly true.

Everything about the cat fascinates me. Being that I never had a cat before I’ve been reporting Steve on every move the cat makes. He got in a fight and had a bloody eye and ear after, he ate a bird in the kitchen, he sat in a paper bag for a half hour attacking the shadows my hand made on the side of the bag, he chased the string of a balloon around the kitchen for ten minuets before he popped the balloon, he put his paw in the watering can and drank a bunch of water that way.

Steve grew up with cats so none of these things are especially remarkable to him but I can’t get over the crazy/adorable things that Moose does on a daily basis. Even though I’m allergic to him, I love waking up with him on top of my stomach everyday waiting for my eyes to open so he can start begging for food. If nothing else Moose is worth his weight in allergy medication for the amount of entertainment and conversation he has provided Steve and me with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home