Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Material Girl

About one month after Steve and I started to date he went to Nantucket on business and came back with a pair of beautiful earrings for me. I had never had a boy buy me jewelry much less beautiful jewelry so needless to say this particular pair of accessories has become my favorite thing to wear.

When I was packing to go home for Christmas I wanted to pack the earrings but I couldn’t find one. I didn’t stress too much about it at the time because of the holidays but with some recent free time I cleaned my room and swept under anything. Still no sign of the earring. I became a bit frantic and started to think of ways to try to replace the earring or worse yet, tell Steve I had lost one.

Then last weekend while we were making dinner Steve reached into his pocket and pulled out a small plastic tube. “Hey, I brought back you earring” he casually said. I started to freak out I was so happy that the small pieces of glass and metal weren’t lost forever. Apparently Steve had taken one of my earrings in an attempt to try to find a matching necklace for Christmas. He was unsuccessful in finding a match and had forgotten about my earring until earlier that day.

I never thought I put too much emphasis on jewelry but this little episode has pointed me in the direction that I will run if there is a fire and I only have time to save a few things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home