Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Family Ties

When I was a kid I use to be jealous of people who had large families. They could go to the family gathering and play with other kids their age and have lots of fun. They would know their family members well and get to see them all the time. I only had 2 cousins and they lived in New York. I usually would only see them during the summer. I use to pretend that I had a big family, but I always thought that the only way I would be able to be part of a tight family circle would be to marry some guy with a lot of brothers and sisters.

But now that I live on the East Coast I get to see this family a lot more. I spent last weekend with my aunt and uncle in Rochester New York. It was great, we talked, we ate, we watched movies. It was like going home and spending time with my parents but differnt. It took some of the edge off of my home sickness.

Not only that but now I live in the same city as ,Paulmy cousin. I love it! I hang out with him, his girlfriend and him come over for dinner, he gives me advice about living in the big city, and how to deal with being home sick. Best of all he has a nice big minivan that is handy for hauling large furniture.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sorry guys, don't try the link on this post. I tried to link it to Paul's band's page but it didn't work then I couldn't erase it. I have no idea how computer stuff works.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home