Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Saturday, September 17, 2005

The City That Has Two Faces

When I first moved to Boston it was filled with young twenty somethings who were job oriented. I felt like it was an age group that I could maybe fit into one day. Most people I saw were wearing business clothing and looked like they went out and drank cosmopolitans after work.

Then September first came and the city turned into a college town. I live near a college campus and for the first week of September there seemed to always be a kegger going on somewhere on my street. The block became one large episode of TRL with people screaming “woooooooo” any time of the day or night. Down town no longer seemed classy due to the fact that people were beer bonging on corners while I was trying to get money out of the ATM. The T is now full with young co-eds yelling drunkenly to each other as they make their way back to their dorms.

I don’t know if it is just because I lived in Rochester for two years but I don’t feel like I am like these college kids. I feel more mature then that and mostly I feel annoyed by them. I guess I do fit in with the hip twenty somethings after all.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Watch out maria, you're an adult now. soon you'll be yelling at those crazy kids to get off your lawn and pull up their pants.
    ~jen

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home