Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

So This is Christmas?

Is it just me or have Christmas songs really deteriorated? I have been listening to a lot of Christmas music on the radio lately to get myself into the Christmas spirit, and while I have heard many classics (White Christmas, Silent Night, and Santa Clause is Coming to Town) I have heard many crappy new songs. For example, the song about the Italian Christmas donkey. I also listened to a horrible song about some poor kid who is trying to buy shoes for his mom for Christmas and he’s in a hurry because she going to “meet Jesus” soon because she’s sick. How is a dying mom festive in anyway shape or form? Seriously, just because it’s suppose to be winter time when these songs are set doesn’t make it appropriate for Christmas.

From now on I’m sticking with my Bing Crosby CD and watching Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home