Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Monday, October 30, 2006

The Great Pumpkin Would be Sad

There are a few things that can only be done at the end of October: carving pumpkins, dressing up and demanding candy from your neighbors, and making and eating pumpkin seeds. Pumpkins seeds are something I look foreword to every year; they are as much of Halloween for me as the actual carving of the pumpkin. I remember when I was a kid going through the guts of the pumpkin and fishing out every last seed se we could savor their salty goodness well on into November.

This year Steve and I carved our pumpkins and I again had my seeds ready to be bronzed in the oven until they were ready for my consumption. I never remember how high to turn the oven so every year it’s a bit of an experiment- and this year the experiment went horribly wrong. All the seeds were a dark black and tasted awful. The cookie sheet of burned seeds was the saddest Halloween related thing I have seen in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home