Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Where To Go Now?

People always say “you can never go home again” but I never thought of this as a true saying. I always intended to go home again. Don’t get me wrong, Boston is a great place to be if you are young and have no dependents or always want to live like a college student, but I always saw myself raising my family in St. Louis Park. I wanted my kids to go to the same high school I went to and my dad went to.

Times have changed. Kids, no matter their ethnicity or religion, are being killed in their school. I never thought something like that could ever happen in the high school I went to. Luckily I have been right so far, but I think that this week has been a real wake up call for our country. Good job Mr. Laney.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Mr. Laney was right this time. I'm glad he didn't send the city families into a panic, but he took his time.
    The TV stations and newspaper are making a big deal because Park released an inaccurate statement...but I think the strategy was a good one.
    Wonder what other Park grads think?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home