Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Dear Grandma

My New Years resolution this year was not to lose weight or to stop swearing, but instead to do something to make some one else a little more happy. My resolution was to mail my grandma a letter at least once a month. Grandma can’t hear my voice on the phone so to call her is pretty futile and I feel bad not communicating more with her.

Unfortunately this resolution, like most New Years resolutions, has fallen by the wayside. I figured for every month that I went home to visit this summer I didn’t have to write a card. That took care of June, July, and August (barely August, I came back to Boston August first). But Grandma moved to a nursing home and I didn’t have her address so September went by with no card for Grandma.

A few days ago I was wondering around the gift shop at work and noticed a large array of Halloween cards. I got one for both my Grandma and my Grandpa and have included pictures in them. I’m not saying this makes up for the missed months but I hope it will make them happy.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    lose.... not loose.. Although, if you lose weight, clothes will be loose.

    Sorry, just a little pet peeve of mine.

    :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home