Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

That Sensual Healing

Yesterday I got my first massage. I’ve been wanting to have a massage for a long time and I decided that my back pain could wait no longer for relief. I walked up to Davis square and entered the “Amethyst Healing Center” to make an appointment.

The office was defiantly a hippie-new-wave center that also offered spiritual mind-body alignment, acupuncture, and chi gong. My masseuse was a middle age African American women who was wearing a flowing blue wrap as a shirt. She ushered me into her office, which had multiple butterfly mobiles hanging from the ceiling, new-age-rain-forest music was on, and there was dim lamps arranged around a large table with a towel on it. After a short interview I was naked on the table having my back worked on.

I paid $35 for thirty minutes of heaven. I could feel tension leaving my neck and back, my legs felt less stiff, and my arms were loose feeling. I left feeling refreshed and am waiting for my appointment for next week.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home