Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

A Good Night’s Sleep

I’m just coming off working two weeks on night shift. I don’t usually work that many nights in a row, but being that I’m new I had to work New Year’s Eve night shift and the nights around it. I got use to being up all night and sleeping through the day. Steve got use to it too.

On my days off we would both stay up until four in the morning and then sleep until three. Life was good, until Sunday.

Sunday was my first day back on day shift. I prepared for switching my days to nights by staying up way to late and sleeping in way too late. In other words, I was screwed.

Steve and I both laid in the dark on Saturday night hoping for sleep to come. I kept looking at the clock thinking “If I fall asleep now then I’ll get 4 hours of sleep.” The four hours soon become three, then two, the twenty minuets. My alarm finally went off and I got up to work an eight hour shift on zero hours of sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home