Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Make Me Well

Last week I had a tickle in my throat. This week it has moved on to a very swollen throat and a nasty ear infection. I woke up my throat on fire, unable to swallow without intense pain. I ran to urgent care yesterday with fears of strep throat. My fears were unfounded. I spent most of yesterday in bed. Steve came over and rubbed my head until I fell asleep.

Today the pain persisted. I managed to relocate to the futon wrapped in my red blanket to watch season one of Gilmore Girls. I rediscovered the herbal heat pack my dad had gotten me for Christmas last year and dozed with it on my chest slowly taking deep breaths of mint and chamomile.

My sinuses are now draining and I hope my ears are soon to follow. I don’t like being sick when the weather is beautiful.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i hope you get better soon sis, the nice weather won't wait for your ears

     
  • At 11:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The nice weather did not wait for me to get better. I still felt crappy until Sunday and by then rain had covered all of new england.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home