Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

That’s What We Have to Deal With

“We need to go to brunch while I’m here.” Ryan made a non-demanding statement about the food he wanted to consume while he was visiting Boston. What could be wrong with brunch? We only had to walk across to the street to enjoy some of the best brunch food I have ever eaten. Our crew was standing around waiting for one of its members to return from the bathroom afterward. It was a breezy day as we stood outside when we all experienced something new. Crazy Peace Guy came over and started to yell his crazy language at us.

He started by asking for cigarettes, when none of us had any to offer he explained that his girlfriend is an angel and something about heaven. Soon his words soon became just noise. It seemed never ending. That’s when I did the most inappropriate thing. A giggle started. First I tried to pass it off as a cough, but the giggling didn’t stop. I soon began to have great belly laughs that were never ending. He was still yelling at us I tried to turn around and hide myself. We were trapped; maybe that’s why I was laughing. We couldn’t leave because a member of our party was in the bathroom, but we couldn’t go back in to the packed diner.

Soon our group had become whole again so Michael offered a peace sign and we left. We all felt awkward. “That’s what we have to deal with from time to time,” Adrianne offered. When we got home my stomach still hurt from laughing so hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home