Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Bagel Sunday

At Mass General one of the best things about working Sundays was bagels. Every Sunday the second PA working would buy the floor bagels and cream cheese. We could spend a few minutes of our Sunday morning in the break room, toasting and eating bagels, enjoying coffee, and catching up. Since today was the first Sunday that I worked at Northwestern I thought I would bring them Bagel Sunday. I got up early, ate a small breakfast, and made my way to the Dunkin Doughnuts by the L stop near my house.

The Dunkin Doughnuts was surprisingly busy for early Sunday morning. I started to think about my bagel selection when I noticed the utter lack of bagels. Not a single one. Not even a space for them among the doughnuts and muffins. I started to give up on the idea of Bagel Sunday and decided that muffins worked just as well. Since they only had 3 kinds of muffins it was a bit redundant.

The day was not a loss though since I enjoyed 2 pumpkin muffins and won some brownie points with my co-workers.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:08 PM , Anonymous Val said...

    Does Dunkin' Donuts usually have bagels??

     
  • At 5:31 PM , Anonymous Maria said...

    Yeah, usually they do. Doughnuts, muffins, and bagels are the usual from there.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home